ALLEVYN Plus Cavity
ALLEVYN Plus Cavity is a cavity wound dressing that provides ALLEVYN hydrocellular technology in a unique 3 dimensional structure for effective management of deep wounds. The dressing has been designed to combine maximum absorbency and conformability with easy handling and less traumatic dressing changes.
- Core of highly absorbent hydrocellular foam chips
- Outer non-adherent perforated film
- Range of sizes and shapes
- Soft pliable construction
ALLEVYN Plus Cavity dressings have been designed to overcome the problems associated with dressing deep wounds. The capacity to absorb and hold extra-high levels of exudates results in the cost-effective management of cavity wounds, without the need for frequent dressing changes. They will absorb and retain exudates even under compression and are permeable to oxygen and water vapor.
Highly Conformable to Wound Contours
ALLEVYN Plus Cavity dressings are available in a range of sizes suitable for virtually all deep wounds. The dressings are highly flexible and can be molded to the wound shape. They have good contact with the wound surface and can be cut to any shape required, making them suitable for a wide range of cavity wounds. The dressing provides and maintains optimum contact with the wound surface as it absorbs, minimizing the risk of abscess formation.
Easy to Use and Apply
ALLEVYN Plus Cavity dressing is presented individually sterilized in convenient plastic trays. More than one dressing may be used in the same wound if necessary. The correct dressing or combination of dressings can be quickly and easily placed into the cavity, allowing more effective use of nursing time.
ALLEVYN Plus Cavity dressing is designed to conform to wound cavity shape. It provides a highly effective non-adherent wound contact layer, which minimizes patient trauma and wound disturbance on removal.
Helps Create and Maintain a Moist Wound Environment
The wound contact surface of the ALLEVYN Plus Cavity dressing maintains a moist wound environment which helps prevent eschar formation and helps promote an environment for healing.
- ALLEVYN Plus Cavity dressings are used for the management of deep secondary healing wounds, particularly for indications such as stage III and IV pressure ulcers, deep leg ulcers, cavity wounds, excisions and post-op wound dehiscence.
- Conforms to the wound bed to support tissues and provide for patient comfort during wound management.
- ALLEVYN Plus Cavity should not be re-used.
- Avoid using forceps to place the dressing into the wound as this may puncture the dressing.
- Ensure the number of dressings used in the wound is noted upon application and checked upon removal.
- Do not use ALLEVYN Plus Cavity with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions (eg. Dakins) or hydrogen peroxide, as these break down the foam filling of the dressings.
- Do not use in deep cavity wounds with small openings.
- Not indicated for use on third degree burns.